We work on various theoretical aspects of quantum and classical information theory, and quantum computation. The activities of the group are also part of the UCL Quantum Science & Technology Institute (UCLQ).
Please feel free to email the academic staff members to discuss student projects and dissertations.
- Fernando Brandao (joint appointment with Microsoft Research), EPSRC Career Acceleration Fellow, and Reader in Quantum Computing (full time at Caltech from October 2016)
- Toby Cubitt, Royal Society University Research Fellow
- Simone Severini, Royal Society Research Fellow and Reader in Physics of Information
- Fabiano Andrade
- Nadish de Silva
- David Roberson
- Nairi Usher
- Will Matthews
- Alberto Ottolenghi (Research Fellow)
- Josh Lockhart (EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Delivering Quantum Technologies), year 2
- Daniel Temko (CoMPLEX, Centre for Mathematics, Physics and Engineering in the Life, Sciences and Experimental Biology; Awarded a Bogue Fellowship at Franziska Michor’s Laboratory, Harvard University)
- James Townsend (first supervisor: Mark Herbster, Intelligent Systems)
- Octavio Zapata (supported by CONACYT)
- Marcello Benedetti (supported by EPSRC and CQC; Secondary advisor: Alejandro Perdomo-Ortiz, NASA-Ames Research Center)
- Danial Dervovic (EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Delivering Quantum Technologies), year 1
- Andrea Rocchetto (Secondary advisor: Simon Benjamin, University of Oxford).
- Hipolito Iturraspe (2016)
- Konstantinos Metallinos (2016)
- Ermira Zhuka (2016)
- Kyohei Koyama (2016)
- Markos Karasamanis (winner of an EPSRC Vacation Bursary 2016)
- Aram Harrow (MIT), Honorary Professor (2014-2019); Leverhulme Visiting Professor (2014).
- Joannes Bausch (DAMTP, University of Cambridge); Honorary Research Assistant (2015-2018).
- Christopher Banerji (MRes, PhD, awarded the UCL Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences Postgraduate Prize for outstanding achievements during the MRes year at CoMPLEX; Recipient of the INBIOMEDvision Training Challenge Prize 2012)
- James West (MRes, PhD)
- Banghai Wang (postdoc; Professor at Guandong University of Technology)
- Zhihao Ma (posdoc; Professor at Shaghai Jiao-Tong University )
- Walter Vinci (postdoc; postdoc at USC, Daniel Lidar group)
- Tianyu Ye (postdoc; Professor at Zhejiang Gongshang University)
- Lourdes Sriraja (MRes)
- Hairu Xu (Visiting Student from Guandong University of Technology)
- Winton Brown (postdoc; then at Freie Universitat Berlin, Jens Eisert group)
- Janos Hodsagi (MRes, then PhD at CoMPLEX)
- Zoltan Zimboras (postdoc; then at Freie Universitat Berlin, Jens Eisert group)
- Soomin Kim, Emma Rahman, Abdul Bhutto, Zahra Najib (Nuffield Research Placement Scheme)
- Bobby Bentham, Thomas Wyatt, Tim Lucas, Sophie Atkinson (MRes projects, then PhD at CoMPLEX)
- Arthur Guerard (MRes, Physics & Astronomy)
- Yu-Ching Yang (MRes, Machine Learning, together with Marco Grimaldi at HarperCollins).